Martial Arts and Self Defense Classes in Arlington
“Zhen ren chuan” translates, in this context, to “the art of the natural human being.” This reflects the lesson inherent in martial arts training of learning to cultivate and utilize the internal energy and focus that is naturally at your disposal. Understanding and harnessing this energy, called Chi, as in the practices of “Tai Chi” and “Chi Kung,” is the foundation of all our training here at Zhen Ren Chuan Martial Arts. Our master trainers will perform a free evaluation of your skill level and lead you in a physical, mental and creative exploration of these ancient, transformative arts. We’re proud to offer the following services:
- Introductory training: Including Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Baguazhang and Kung Fu, our introductory classes help you explore and cultivate your muscle control, balance, coordination, timing, speed, strength, flexibility and mental focus. You will develop enhanced breathing control, core strength and agility and the ability to use your entire body. This is a great foundation for learning self-defense in Arlington, MA.
- Intermediate training: As your studies progress and your discipline deepens, you will learn more demanding sparring sequences, forms and movements, including Chinese Chin Na and traditional Chinese and Japanese weaponry.
- Advanced training: Training in sparring, Iron Palm and Iron Body is available to students advanced enough to have cultivated the proper foundation of skills and discipline.
- Beach lessons: To improve focus, energy and relaxation, we hold Friday adult lessons at local beaches during low tide.
- Child and junior lessons: We offer lessons for pee wees, beginner and advanced children (ages six through nine) and juniors (ages nine through 13). Most parents start their children off with our martial art (Karate/ Taekwondo) lessons in Arlington, MA, and immediately see greatly improved concentration in even very young children.
You’re never too old or young to explore the ancient and rewarding practice of martial arts and self-defense. You’ll find that each form and level of our expert and respectful training is transformative for your mind and body, whether you’re a new beginner in Tai Chi or a black belt in our advanced self defense classes in Arlington, MA. Give us a call today at 781-646-8660 to learn more about our services.