Many of the greatest boxers, fighters and martial artists throughout history were more than just physical specimens—they were also great thinkers. Take Bruce Lee and his many philosophical principles, for example. This correlation is no accident. It’s the product of harmony and balance—something every great fighter realizes during their intense training regimens. In order to succeed, the mind has to be as sharp as the body is strong.
At Zhen Ren Chuan Martial & Healing Arts, we live by this principle and we encourage anyone taking self defense classes in Arlington, MA to also consider expanding their mind at the same time. It’s why we’re active in group events like book clubs and seminars. Particularly, we press the importance of inner understanding among our students through an incredible text, titled The Inner Matrix.
Upcoming Meditation Groups
The Inner Matrix, written by Joey Klein and read by our founder Charles DeVirgilio, is the focus of numerous meditation groups we host, to help people become connected with their mind, spirit, emotions and body. Throughout the months of November and December, we invite you to participate in one of our upcoming events, so you too can see the many benefits of living in balance and harmony:
- November 11, Focusing the Mind. This meeting will consider the ability to harness the power of your mind and channel your focus, so you can understand what drives you. We speak about the principles of rational thinking and decision-making, to help you become attuned to your own inner monologue.
- November 18, Shifting Emotions. Emotions are what make us human, and understanding them helps us to pay attention to them appropriately. This seminar will talk about emotional responses and what we can do to understand them, but not act impulsively upon them.
- December 2nd, Connecting with the Physical Body. The focus of this gathering will be getting in touch with your body on a mindful level, so you’re aware of your strengths, limitations and more. It’s about knowing your capabilities, so you can live in full realization of your physical self, whether it’s fighting or doing yardwork!
- December 9th, Creating Your Vision for Life. Goal setting, motivation and foresight are hard for many people to harness. This group will focus on how to create your vision for future success and harness the motivation to make your vision a reality.
- December 16th, What’s Next and Connect. Our final meeting of the year, this gathering will be all about the upcoming year ahead. We invite you to attend and get to know others within the group and learn more about our focus on connecting the mind and body.
Enlighten your mind
It’s important to realize that even with self defense classes in Arlington, MA, a mind left unsharpened is susceptible to attack. But, with proper training of the body and introspection of the mind, a complete person can guard against any attacks.
Take your cue from history’s great boxers, fighters and martial artists and recognize the importance of training your mind, as well as your body. Attend an Inner Matrix Meditation Group and open your mind to the possibility of harmony with your body.